Here we have good news for the fans of cricket that the ICC has announced the fixture of ICC Champions Trophy 2013 for Cricket lover. This trophy is going to play in England in 2013.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has confirmed that the Champions Trophy 2013 will be host in England after nine years when they host their last event and lost the final from West Indies.
Australia is the defending champion of current Champions Trophy and had won the title in India last year by beating West Indies by eight wickets. The decision of giving the responsibility of hosting the competition to England was made at an ICC meeting in Singapore.
Group A features teams are:
- New Zealand
- Sri Lanka
Group B features teams are:
- South Africa
- West Indies
The interesting thing about this fixture is India and Pakistan teams are in the same group while England and Australia is also on same group. which will definitely give exciting matches for viewers. The matches will be held at Edgbaston, Cardiff and The Oval.
Complete schedule of the tournament:
- June 6, 2013: India v South Africa, Cardiff (Day)
- June 7: West Indies v Pakistan, Oval (Day)
- June 8: England v Australia, Edgbaston (Day)
- June 9: Sri Lanka v New Zealand, Cardiff (Day)
- June 10: Pakistan v South Africa, Edgbaston (D/N)
- June 11: India v West Indies, Oval (Day)
- June 12: Australia v New Zealand, Edgbaston (D/N)
- June 13: England v Sri Lanka, Oval (D/N)
- June 14: West Indie v South Africa, Cardiff (Day)
- June 15: India v Pakistan, Edgbaston (Day)
- June 16: England v New Zealand, Cardiff (Day)
- June 17: Sri Lanka v Australia, Oval (D/N)
- June 19: Semi-final A1 v B2, Oval (Day)
- June 20: Semi-final A2 v B1, Cardiff (Day)
- June 23: Final, Edgbaston (Day).